ADOPT A HALFWAY HUSKY
Adoptions at Husky Halfway House are a multi-stage process. When you adopt a dog from us, you become a part of our family.
All of our Halfway Huskies are fully vetted before getting adopted. This includes spay/neuter, microchip, vaccinations, flea/tick prevention, heartworm prevention and dewormer and the costs of care while they are at the halfway house.
The costs for this vetting are factored into the adoption fee for each dog. Our adoption fee starts at $450.
Our process is as follows:
1. Apply: Pay a $25 application fee that is nonrefundable but will go towards your adoption fee once approved. Here is the link to do so: https://www.huskyhalfwayhouse.org/product-page/adoption-application-fee
After paying the fee, please fill out an application. Here is the link to do so: https://www.shelterluv.com/matchme/adopt/EAW/Dog
Let us get to know you! Our application will also give you a chance to review our expectations of you as an adopter.
2. Get Preapproved: Our team will call your references, call your vet, call your landlord and check animal allowance in your city, review your proof that you are who you say you are. We will schedule a time for a virtual home check so we can verify where you live. Background checks may be required. Animal abusers need not apply. We will be watching for you.
3. Discuss: Once Pre-approval is done you will be required to pay a non-Refundable adoption deposit of $125, this is applied to your adoption total. Next, we will discuss the details of your application and what you're looking for and go over your adoption potentials. This $125 adoption deposit becomes nonrefundable if you back out at any time, because we have spent hours with you choosing a dog.
4. Onsite Adoptions are preferred but not currently required: Once you are approved, start making plans to visit, if you can. It is amazing to let your new best friend choose you to take him or her home. Overnight accommodations will be available by Spring of 2024. We also have a hub in Maryland for Pick up and Minnesota!
5. Adoptions with transports: we do offer transport. Ideally, we would recommend and love for all adopters to come and meet us and their new family member however we know that’s not always an option. Currently transport fees are waived.
6. Adoption fee for adults: There is a final balance of 300 to be paid in monthly increments of $25 for 1 year.
7. Adoption fee for puppies: Puppies under a year old are $500. Puppies born in our care or that are under 12 weeks old are $1000, 400 of which will go to sponsor an adult's adoption fee. The remainder of the balance is due once your application is approved, and your puppy has been selected. We will NOT hold puppies until you have the full payment. Once adoption fee payment is made and the agreement you have 2 weeks MAX to make arrangements and pick up your puppy. If you do not make these arrangements or pick up your puppy within the two-week time frame, you forfeit your puppy as well as your adoption fee. Why? Because you wasted precious time the puppy could have been growing up in a home. If you do not like the puppy policy, I encourage you to go to your local shelter where there are many puppies that would love a shot at being your best friend.
You are Not Simply Adopting a Dog. By joining our Pack Leadership Adoption Program, you are allowing us to adopt you for the life of your pet. We will be your biggest supporters and cheerleaders. We require our adopters to remain in contact with us. We require their new home to keep up their care, including heartworm prevention. We REQUIRE dogs to be returned to the rescue if things don't work out.
Do we need fosters? Yes, we do! If you would like to foster for us please fill out an application and a team member will reach out to you.
Do We Transport? Yes, but we no longer transport for free. Full costs of transport are required if you need us to bring your husky to you. Transport fees are currently waived.
Are Adopters Required to Visit the Rescue? Though we would prefer for our adopters to come to us, we understand that is not always possible.
ADOPTERS ARE REQUIRED TO BRING THE DOG BACK TO US IF THEY CAN NO LONGER CARE FOR THEM.
Why Are Puppy Adoption Fees Nonrefundable and Due Upon Choosing Your Puppy? BECAUSE IF YOU DECIDE TO DUMP MY PUPPY THEN YOU WILL PAY FOR MY TIME AND HIS LOSS OF GROWING UP IN A FAMILY.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.